Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm okay:)

   So....i gave steve his b-day present saturday night.  He was SO excited.  Tickets to the Denver Bronchos!!!!  yipee!  He has never been to see the bronchos before.  When he was a kid and lived in Denver the tickets were too expensive, but as many of you know, he is a die hard fan.  He called his brother Joe, and his brother Dave to brag.  They are just as big of fans if not bigger, and at least Joe has never been to a game either.  I had already emailed Dave and told him....i know....i sort of took Steve's joy on that one, but the game is in Kansas City and Dave lives there.  Dave is such a fan that when the stadium was rebuilt in Denver, he bought one (or two?) of the denver stadium seats and they sit in his house now.    So, when I got the tickets I thought we might be able to see Dave, or maybe he could even get tickets.  
Well, he hasn't been able to get tickets.  I told Steve that if he takes me, I will be an all out Denver Bronchos fan, and have the time of my life.....but....if he wanted to give the extra ticket to Dave, that it might be even more special for him to be able to have that experience with his brother.  Steve said he would think about it.  I am going to Kansas City regardless, to meet Dave and his daughter, but ...i think Steve might end up actually going to the game with his brother, and I think that is really so cool.  I am glad it worked out this way....couldn't have been more perfect.  After all, while they are at the game, I can go shopping!:)
 
 Don't think me pollyanna (I already know you do.:)....but....in some ways it is a good thing for steve and I to have gone through these hard times last week.....at different times I think we probably saw each other at our worst, (and maybe best too), and it is good to know that we can work through things together.  That we can stick it out during bad times, and still feel good about each other.  Not that this is the worst thing we will ever face, but it is a start to know how we handle some of those bad things.  I think we are a good match.  I really believe that.  I have the soft words, and smooth over niceness, but sometimes avoid confrontation.  He is blunt, and sometimes almost cruel with his words, but he is honest, and he will confront.  We both need the other in our lives.  Me to soften him, and him to help me not avoid the truth.  I love him so much.  Even though it has been bad, it has stregenthened us as a couple.....all things work together for good....:)
 
October is beautiful, is it not?  I see a few trees these days changing to red and orange.  The days are getting shorter.  It is the advent of winter.  Snuggles, and sweaters.  warm breath hanging in the cold air. 
well, you can't keep pollyanna down too long.  She is back in full force....thinking about warm christmas cookies, sneaky spooks, and thanksgiving feasts.  Cozy times, and special moments. Have a great day...
 

No comments: