Thursday, October 20, 2005

French Roast Coffee and Cinnamon Rolls

Yes. This morning I am not at work. I am on Fall Break. And in order to treat myself to a very lovely beginning of the day, I have proceeded to make myself some cinnamon rolls, and brew up some tasty warm caffinated drink. Ahhh....mmmmm.....yes..... Now i have to wait 20 minutes for them to cook though, and so I must talk about it. The anticipation. The sweet cinnamon, and bitter coffee mixing together in the most glorious sort of way. Other people think, on a break like mine, that finally they can get some sleep, adn they sleep away their entire break. For me though, the joy of a break like this, is to pamper youself. Delightfully spending the time in those projects that you never have time for and love. Delightfully reveling in the joy of being alone, and pleasing no one but yourself, and those you want to please.

Sataurday is Steve's birthday. Poor thing has to suffer the the experience of a birthday at grandma's. She is a little looney at times, and totally lonely, and she has decided to give steve a party. A huge party consisting of my parents, Steve and I, and her. :) My brother and his crew will be out of town, so it will just be us. And she is buying a big cake from Albertsons so there will be leftovers that Steve can take back to his roommates and (using her words) show his roommates that T's family gave Steve a big party. My grandma is SO incredibly funny,(if you have ever met my dad...they are a little like two peas in a pod) and cute....but in some ways we will have to suffer through this one.

But on Saturday, we are having a Steve day. I am in the process of planning a day that he is going to love. Outside of soccer, we are going to spend the whole day together, and maybe do some space stuff or something. I am going to dress up as a star trek girl all day, and he can act like spock.....and..okay just kidding....but we may hang out in the park, take brock on a walk. enjoy the fall, and then go to the omniplex or something. watch some futurama...work out....and more than anything else, just be relaxed. A stress free day. No obligations. I think that this, more than anything, is paradise to steve.

No comments: