Yipee. I don't have to deal with it. I get to....and I stress GET TO...work on my wedding. I will not spend this wonderful day off on Gold Rush. I have to go up to school tomorrow for several hours to do a car wash (if we don't cancel it because of rain) and so I am going to take this day off without guilt, or shame and work on some things that will make me happy.
Every day I go to school now, it ties me up in knots. I am lucky to have such great friends and family and wonderful steve...because at night I usually can unravel enough to actually relax. But it is usually 8pm or so till I am in a decent mood again. I literally get sick at my stomach by lunch time because of everything I have to do.
Am I even teaching? Not even remotely. And seeing as I refuse to work into the wee hours of the night burning the midnight oil, and refuse to completely miss the joy of planning my wedding, and enjoying my time with my almost husband (43 days!) then I am not going to feel bad that I work only 10-12 hours a day at my job. My students are of course the ones who lose out the most on this deal, and I do feel slightly bad about that. They don't care of course. But....anyway. This is life.
I was supposed to make $1300 at this stuco gig this year. I was very excited about this. It was quite a bit more than I have ever gotten, and I was going to get it in one lump sum. It is not even near worth it for the amount of work I do, but I will take it anyway. So I got it this month, and they took taxes out of it. After taxes....it is not even 1,000.....I am not sure it is even 900. Well....live and learn.
I can't wait until this summer when I can turn my house into a home. It is a disaster area right now. My life is in such transition. It is exciting, wonderful, chaotic, disaterous, adventurous, and beautiful. But a little calm after the storm will definitely be nice and needed around July.....
Sweet T signing off for now...........
Friday, April 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment