Thursday, April 06, 2006

are you suprised?

It's me again!:) Back to my old self with lots of energy and panashe. Well...at least some panashe. I was glad I stayed yesterday because last hour there was a baseball game that I got to send all the kids to...and the day wasn't so bad.

I do not have the time today to write a long and varied post on the inner workings of my mind, but I did want to stop by and say hi. Looks like Gold Rush Friday is going to include extreme inflatables--human bowling, sumo wrestling, bouncy boxing, fun flush...yep...it's going to be a blast. I have to stay late today to get everything approved by the principal.

The best thing about planning a wedding this year is that I really don't care how all this stuff at school turns out. I don't even feel guilty about it. I have built up a support system here and have excellent students, and I am just going to trust that they are going to get the job done, and if they don't? Too bad. It will be a less than we planned. I don't care if it looks bad on me, and for the most part I trust my kids, and the others involved. Ever since I told them last week how burnt out I am getting and how stressed I am with the wedding every one in town is stepping up to try and help me out.
Just goes to show that sometimes what the world needs is to expose their weaknesses. It doesn't make you less, but instead makes ALL of us more. In those weaknesses God is able to reveal his goodness.
Not that I don't have lots to do. Yesterday at lunch I had powderpuff meeting in my room, I had kids with questions about elections next week that I had to deal with, and stuco kids having committee meetings to work on Gold Rush. About 40 kids all firing questions at me constantly, and I would zip back the answers. My other advisor was looking at me slightly amazed, and when we had a second she said...man....I have NO idea how I am going to do this next year without you.


Be proud dear friends. I am not backing down. No guilt, no shame, no excuses (very many anyway)...I am NOT taking it back.

But....I still have to find a pig, and a car to bash, and a "big red" prize, and......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its panache

Anonymous said...

it's panache
not "its panache"
you stupid motherfucker