Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My hips don't lie

I think this heat is going to melt my body down to a little nub. I live in an old house that was built in the 1930's. This house was my grandmother's. I really love it, but when we have fairly extreme weather conditions...it seems that the extremnest is seen most clearly in certain pockets of my house. The extra bedroom for one. I think the screen doors, and sun room attached to this bedroom do not provide any extra favors to climate control. Another picket exists in the living room. For whatever reason....just about right where the couch is there is climate uncomfortability. It is always cold. or always hot. but never right.

They found another sucker to help with STUCO next year. She was asked, and said sure without any hesitation. I thought to myself, "don't you even want to think about it?" You must have NO idea what you are getting yourself in for. She asked if she could still do SADD too....I thought, "you can, but I wouldn't recommend it"...well the other advisor who helped me this year, and is still helping next year said, "I do like four clubs this year..." I was like....yeah that's right, but you have ABSOLUTELY NO LIFE! You have kids over at your house until 11pm every night, and all you do spend time with them. Perhaps that is a calling and a ministry, but it shouldn't be expected of all teachers. In a few years you will be burnt out, and all those kids you have helped will be gone....well...i am not going to continue on this score....just to say that I did ALOT of the STUCO stuff this year that she didn't even know about, and both of these poor teachers are in for a real suprise.

well...gotta go! love you !

No comments: