Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Marriage, family and buck rogers

Example


Okay. So I bet you can guess what is mainly on my mind these days. With my wedding 10 days away it seems like that is about all I can think about. I try to remember that not too long ago....less than a month ago...I was able to feed 1000 people, and host a carnival and other activities that raised over 12,000 dollars...so really..how hard can a wedding be? I have discovered taht I can be quite a control freak. I let go of control, but then drive myself nuts wondering whether the people I have put in charge of things can handle it, or will do what I want. This mainly refers to my mom. My mom is one of the most talented individuals that I know. Between the creative talents of my mom and brother, the cooking genius of my aunt, and the business mind of my father...the musician skills of my friends, and the wedding coordination skills of other friends...I couldn't really ask for a better wedding team. In fact it almost seems that my life has been created just for such an event as this. My mom has a degree in horticulture, and used to sell wedding cakes, my aunt is two stones away from being a caterer, my brother is an awesome photographer...seriously, can it be any better? Of course, the difference is...this is MY wedding. I have a paticular vision for this wedding, and sometimes I am not so sure the rest of the fam has caught this vision. I know it will be beautiful, and as the day arrives I won't even care.....because the day is about enjoying--being with those I love, and committing myself to this wonderful man that God has given to me. There is so much that has to be done in the next ten days, but there is a pleasure that clouds my eyes and I can't seem to, and don't want to get past it. I don't know if I will be able to say this a week from now, but there is a peace that whatever happens it will be okay. I have worked very hard for 6 months or more, and have a lot to do in the next 10 days...but I am excited. Excited to begin this next chapter of my life.

On a different note. Yesterday I got caught up in a silly Buck Rogers marathon. I haven't seen Buck Rogers since I was a little kid, and my much older brother would watch it. It was so funny to see the cheesy costumes, and I totally remembered many of the episodes and characters. :) I think my brothers love of sci-fi has ruined me for life. There is a part of me that is nostalgic and fond of this little genre.

Also....if anyone gets married in the near future, DO NOT use Tuxedo Junction!!! They have been an absolute nightmare to work with. I repeat do NOT use Tuxedo Junction.....oh, and my violinst friend called the next morning after he said he wasn't coming and said he bought his plane tickets to Oklhoma for Friday June 9th. All things work together for good........i guess.......

peace and love, and all other things faux hippie,
-t

No comments: