I am obsessed with my wedding registry. I can't help but look at it ALL the
time. I have to see all the changes. I have to see if there is anything new
registered. Anything new that has been purchased. Oh...yipee! Two rolling
pins! 3 Cake pans! It is an awful habit. I feel justified though because all
of the wedding planners tell you to track your gifts. To make sure that you
have enough items and so forth on there for people to choose from. I don't
think they meant daily, or hourly though.:(
There are times when I might look every hour, and then get upset that nothing
new has been bought. I will pout, and say to Steve, "We are getting nothing
for our wedding"...and he says..."Oh, no. Have you been looking at that silly
registry again?" Then he says, "Good thing I am marrying you because I love
you, and not for the gifts.":)
I finally had to promise him that I would take target.com out of my
favorites/bookmarks.:)
Truthfully, I have gifts out the wazoo. My home is already becoming a
disaster area because of all the gifts. My mom says I should feel blessed by
the generosity of our friends, and I SO DO! Everytime I go over to my parents
I have another set of gifts to open from our friends and family. When I
actually get the gifts I feel overwhelmed at the kindness....and love
everything about it. I have to be careful though not to get my priorities out
of whack as this process continues....not to constantly wonder about how to
get the best deal when I take it back...wondering if I will have as many
grocery carts of stuff as my last friend who got married....
sometimes though I think this process keeps my mind off of all the other
stuff...all the "to dos".....so much to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment