Am I a fanatic? This is the first year in my life that I have watched
football. I have followed a paticular team from the beginning to the end.
The broncos are not only my finance's team, but becoming mine. Little would
I know the effect it would have on my year. Little did I know that I would be
watching game after game of football and at some point become invested in the
outcomes of these games. Little did I know that I could come up with names
like Hasselbeck, Rothlesberger, both the Mannings, Peyton and Eli, Jake
Plummer, Champ Bailey, Lynch..Bettis, Parker, ...the list goes on-be able to
match them not only with their position, but with their team...to know whether
they are AFC or NFC. To know what a 2 point conversion is, a touchback,
.....holding, false starts, .....
and most of all to be thoroughly depressed when the broncos lost to the
steelers last week. The last few minutes of the game I went to my bedroom and
pulled the covers up over my head, and just laid there. After a second Steve
comes in and says (sort of chuckling)..."Are you alright?"
I said, "I just can't watch anymore" After a while I got up and started
cleaning the sunroom. A project which I have not even tried to do in more
than 6 months, but I was restless, and upset.
I could only pin this angst on my disappoint with the broncos game. Steve,
and his brother (via cell phone) were laughing at me. I was upset MORE than them!
They said that after their entire life of seeing almosts and not quites that
they can let it go.....well...this is my first football disappoint, and
therefore I will revel in the pain.:p I know I am still a novice, but somehow
with all the talk...i really thought they might go to the Super Bowl, and my
hopes are dashed.
Boy! Football is stressful and emotional. Go ahead and be amused like Steve.
Find me cute. .. At least I will have that out of it.
--
Twotrees WebMail Client (http://www.twotrees.com)
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Football!! First cut is the deepest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment