so...as you probably saw from the pictures below, we went and saw Colin Hay last weekend in Denver. First of all, if you ever have the chance to see him in concert, you definitely should. I wasn't for sure if I was seeing a concert, or a stand up comic. The guy is absolutely hilarious. To sit there dying laughing interspersed with beautiful songs and lyrics like "waiting for my real life to being" or "i just don't think I will ever get over you"....well, it just doesn't get much better than that.
It was so great. He gave a personal story for almost every song that he played. He was an acoustic set, and in a fairly small auditorium it seemed like a very personal kind of concert. He stayed afterwards and talked to everyone. Signed CD's and took pictures (obviously).
In the picture we took....we died laughing about it for days afterwards because I was talking to him, and said we came from Oklahoma City to see him, and he said "Where?".....just at the moment Ray took the picture. So...it looks incredibly mad, or stoned or something...but he was really a very pleasant man, who appears to have given up heavy drinking and pot a while back.
Anyway, the opening guy was awesome too. Sort of a mixture between Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson. He was just a local denver guy, but he was really good. His guitar skills were so fun to watch. You should check him out.
both of the following are his myspace music sites.
http://www.myspace.com/robbrocks
http://www.myspace.com/robdrabkin
so.....i know longer work. on a bit of a summer break. reading my english novel...haveing a great hippy sort of time. I am going to a workshop on tuesday to learn how to podcast, and I will get paid $40 to do it...so i am thinking that is a good deal.
will be checking in regularly to give you the updates on life.
late-
sweet t
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment