Monday, June 04, 2007

coffee poser

yes....this is what my husband called me yesterday because I sip my coffee like a lady and take a while to drink it. He said that I don't really like coffee....i just like the idea of coffee. hmmmm.

So I am still on summer break. I think I am going to drive the beater in to town (that means to NW Expressway using the car that was completely demolished a couple of weeks ago--we affectionatley (sp?) call it the beater now) and run a few errands. including my morning coffee seeing as we are out of coffee here at home. I will have one of those old fashioned days where I sit at Panera and have a quiet moment of reflection. I might even read my prayer book to the distaste of all those followers of The Parish types. I do not mean to offend anyone, or even read it ostentatiously. I don't know what it is about Panera for me. The sunshine, and relentless amounts of coffee seem to bring me closer to God. Okay so I am being a little sardonic humor there....but...maybe it just reminds me of a time of the nostalgic past.

Panera is like a park is in Europe...at least for me. You go there to be among people. It is not a real connection of community...there is no talking to all the strangers there, or real interaction. But to watch the people who come there...often day after day, just like you, and see their lives play out just for a moment....while off in your own safe bubble. There is somehow some comfort in that. I think I get the same pleasure from the porch.
Maybe I should have played the lead role in Rear Window. Some sort of vicarious living....i don't know. It seems to me just as valuable if not more valuable than watching tv, right? After all, haven't we become a society of the living vicariously?

well...anyway...i think i will take my sexy beater and go be a coffee poser for a bit. why not?

No comments: