I have lots of thoughts....(suprise, suprise) practically on a daily basis!....to add to this blog. I think ...I want to write about this, or that is something that I could sort of process and think through in my blog...but I rarely actually put down those thoughts in here. As you have seen. By the time I actually get to the computer to write, the idea doesn't seem relevant, or important enough to try and work my way through it.
I am reading three very interesting books right now though, and I suppose I could mention those to you.
One is Called MythMaker:Paul and his Invention of Christianity
the second is Searching for the Invisible God by Phillip Yancey (I realize that these are two extremes of the religious spectrum)
and Xenocide by Orson Scott Card. I started Ender's Game several years ago, and never finished the series. I can't help it. I love Orson Scott Card. I even taught one of his short stories to a freshman lit class I taught back at IU. His exploration of Philosophy and our relationship to God, all wrapped up in a kids science fiction adventure novel is absolutely fascinating to me.
Lots of crazy thoughts in my head....most of which are coming out in my personal journals...
less than 2 weeks until steve starts school! yay!...although June is slipping away fast which can only mean that july will do the same, and before you know it, I will be tucked away in that school of no return....at least no return for nine months.....
but...today is my birthday. So I will suspend all melancholy talk, and just rejoice in the fact that i am old.:)
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment