Thursday, January 18, 2007

Prayer of Thanksgiving

okay. This is going to be a little over the top, but I just have to say it.
This morning I was struck by two things. so much so that I had tears pouring out of my eyes. The first was how thankful I am to God for the husband he gave me, and second was how thankful I am to God for my husband.

I guess there is just one thing, huh?

A little background. I have always been a daddy's girl. I respect and admire my father so much. He is a man of integrity, and conviction. He is honest, but with a heart of mercy. He loves God, and searches for truth.

Honestly, most of the men I have met rarely stand up to my ideal created by my father. Perhaps I didn't know these men well enough as I have the tendency to hold people at a distance, but I also had a little bit of arrogance I think--nope--this one is too immature, that one is not smart enough, etc., etc.,

As I got older I think I had to get more realistic. Part of that realism led me to lowering my standards--holding on to anything --just even a shred of a real relationship with men....and even through that learned to finally not be scared. To finally let myself be known.

Little did I know the gift my heavenly father was planning for me. God has given me such an incredible gift in my husband. Steve is very different from my earthly father in many ways, but those deep traits--the ones that bring tears to my eyes at its beauty--my husband does reflect that.

He is not perfect...doesn't always exihibit these qualities in every moment. he can be moody, negative and even at times petty, he sometimes doesn't make the right decision,but when he shows and reveals the core of who he is, when he stands up to the plate, and says, OK God. When he reveals his heart, and his honesty, and his convictions...

in those moments it is like the glory of God bursts forth in my presence. I sit in awe. It makes me respect, admire and adore steve more, but more than that it raises my eyes to God. I am aware even more how God is in control, and how lucky i am that God saved me for Steve. That I am priveledge, and humbled that I get to be a part of his life. I get to be his encourager, and helper. I get to see God work.

I can't express in words how happy I am and how extraordinary the plans of God are.
A few years ago when I just didn't see how my life was going to be anything but solitude, and lonliness...God turned it on its head, and said, see my beautiful child...wasn't THIS worth waiting for?

I want to thank my friends too. Everyone who said...hey, T. you should date Steve. He is a great guy. Hey, T. Why not give it a try? I contribute some of my hapiness to you.

I am writing this on my sweet t blog (instead of myspace )because steve never reads this one, and he hates compliments. But to the rest of the world out there, let me brag on my husband. He is truly the most special man in the world to me. And again, as Steve would want, I give all the glory to God for the relationship, and pray that we constantly heed his call to be a reflection of Christ and his bride.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, dear God! Thank you for constantly transforming us into your image. Keep us humble, and mindful of you.

Have a beautiful day!

p.s.--yes, i am still confined to my house--still no work--no school--maybe I am going a little looney...we will see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve's a great guy, T. I don't need to tell you that. Showing true friendship through his gentle honesty through this difficult time has been invaluably encouraging. I needed to be told to "be a man." It's one thing to hear it from you or Naomi. But to hear it from him was something else.

You guys make a great team. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. As a couple, you guys are the biggest encouragement for me. You give me hope that there is true love that exists.