Thursday, March 02, 2006

Disorganziation

Sometimes I wish I was one of "those" people. The people who never let dirty laundry accumulate. They have all their papers graded for students by the next day. They are able to make lists and check off and say its completed. Their desks are neat; their houses are neat.

My life is not neat. I have mardi gras masks hanging about everywhere. Rubber chickens, inflated guitars, mr potatohead pieces flung about. T-shirts, paper plates, penny for patients boxes, half eaten bags of chips left over from karneval parties. little tags of ripped of streamers still hanging from my ceiling--left from valentine's parties. Holes in my wall big enough for a opossum to fit in, and insulation tiles missing from my ceiling. And this is just my work area.

At home I have stacks of dishes that must be washed--I don't have a dishwasher. Dust seems to accumulate in the matter of days. The wood floors reek from the smell of licking dogs, and even though cleaned more often do not get cleaned enough.

The mess is overwhelming, and I seem to not have the energy to even begin. How nice it would be to live in a world without clutter. In a world where I would throw away with reckless abandon. How nice it would be if I put things where they belong. How nice it would be to catch up.

But it is not a matter of time. I would get more done of course with more time, but it is not about time. I could make the time. I could find the time. i could quit writing blog posts and work. I could quit making lists, and actually do. Only 15 minutes a day used well would probably decrease my stress enormously. (15 minutes a day AFTER I am caught up of course.

I

No comments: