What can I tell you today that you don't already know? Probably not very much. I can only give you a small glimpse into the seemingly ritualistic life that I lead. Each day looks pretty much like the one before it. But there is some comfort in that. I used to live a very chaotic life. I was always on the go. No two weeks really looked much the same(although certain characteristics would be similar). Sometimes looking at other people I would wonder...wow! why aren't you doing something with you life? Why don't you learn a language (like me) or bake a cake (like me) or read lots of great books (like me) or learn an instrument (like me). What must you do with your time?
There is something though for Thoreaus' Solitude. I am probably taking this out of context here because while Thoreau was at Walden Pond, he was still very active...but as I learned in Germany..there is something to be said for taking life a little slower. Not to stuff you head with the information of others, but to create your own language. It is a language only learned by spending enough time with yourself and your own thoughts.
And there is something to be said to going home to a warm house where your dog and cat lie around lazily waiting for you to arrive, and cooking up something scrumptious for you and your boyfriend to eat after you go work out. To cuddle up on the couch and watch Rambo and the Jerk for the first time in your life....but more importantly to feel the warmth that seems to emote out of the walls, but really comes from those who exist inside those walls.
I love my little house--love the atmosphere and sense of warmth and solitude I can create within it.
Now that I have spent my moments contemplating the love and joys of my life...I must begin that part that never seems to end. I must work, and leave for the moment that little bit of solitude which is part of that which keeps me going.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment