I am getting sick of my knee. I feel like an old woman. I want to play soccer, and I want to be able to fly across the classroom with energy and pinashe of former years. In all ways I am becoming a old cranky woman. I am sick and tired. I am burnt out. I went to get breakfast at Albertsons this morning for a class who raised the most money for cancer patients two weeks ago, and to buy flowers to tell teachers we appreciate them on valentine's day (leadership class is doing this). I woke up early to do it, and I spent time loading up fresh baked donuts and juice and chocolate milk...then they wouldn't let me purchase them with my PO...some bs about needing a card that I have never needed before. So then I realize I forgot my coffee this morning at home. I get to school and have a note on my door that I need to cover a class during my planning period. This was the last straw. I go to the principal and give him no excuse whatsoever. I tell him that I can't cover the class and I am sorry. He gives me a look of hell and moves on. Leadership class is having a valentine party today, and a kid comes in and tells me that he forgot his cups. So I have to go scrounge through the closet to find some....all of this before 8am, and before I have even had a chance to plan out my class schedule. To think that I thought I might actually get some grading done this morning.
I am so burnt out. so so burnt out. and its only getting worse. Stuco retreat this weekend. Elections, prom, teacher appreciation where we have to buy free t-shirts for the entire faculty...awards crap, and the crem de la crem...gold rush. I really don't think I can handle it this year with planning this wedding....I think I might really go under. I am starting to get a reputation as a mean teacher. Can you believe it? Some of my german kids are amazed. But I really don't care. I can't put up with crap right now. This one girl walks in 15 minutes late to my class on friday with a giggly smile on her face. A SMILE. No excuse. Oh...it's just ms. little she won't care. In front of the whole class I said with anger and temper..."DON'T YOU DARE SMILE AT ME!!!!" (she was the last of about 7 kids who were late that day.) After their reading time...which they do on fridays I said. If I gave you the impression that I don't care if you are late then I am sorry. From now on you will know different. Sure, I am nice. But don't you dare take advantage of that or you will see a different side to sweet T, you can be sure.
Today I broke down crying. It wasn't even 7:45am and I was calling Steve crying. Poor Steve. Has to put up with that. But I am just sick of trying to do everything around here, and believe me it is about to stop.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment