Friday, November 11, 2005

Steve is a sweet man (he wouldn't agree with me, and perhaps some of you wouldn't either...:),  but I am going to copy the following statement he made here in my blog.  He said that I could.  Said that if he couldn't allow his feelings to be revealed then he didn't deserve me.  We have been doing a bible study together about preparing for marriage--sort of our pre-counseling counseling.  We are supposed to pretend that we have a jury in front of us and make a case of our love for each other, and prove why the two of us are ready to be married.  This is what he wrote:
 
A case for Theresa Little is what has been asked of me.  I cuold give a million reasons to why Theresa, but these would all come out to be just commodities.  My case will not be found in a list of things that I am looking for.  My case is found in God's Love.  My birth mother's rejection of me has affected my concept of love and has made it only look as a commodity.  This view of love left me hurt and alone.  God's Love has stepped in through Theresa and has brought a whole new love to my heart and understanding of love.  This love does not love through commodities, but loves by name.  This love reflects the love of Christ.  It is a love that does not change no matter how much we might sin against each other.  A love that does not ask one to change to the form of the image they have constructed of that person in their mind.  I must say, I love Theresa Little for everything that makes Theresa who she is and not some image of her I have made in my mind.  I ask that Theresa only be Theresa and that she loves the Lord with all her heart, soul, and mind.  You see I get to be closer to God everyday that I am wtih Theresa.  Theresa and me will only make it through with God's Love.  I have never loved someone so freely as I do Theresa Little.  So what I am saying is my case for Theresa LIttle is not based on either one of us, but is based on God and his love.
 
ahhhhh......he sure knows how to woo a lady, don't you think?:)  And the best thing is that I know he really believes those things.  :)
I will be working on my case, and perhaps will publish it here when I get the chance.  If it gets too cheesy over in sweet t-town....well, just sleep awhile...i am sure that I will be acidly sweet again next week....;p

No comments: