right back where we started from....
Well, I am back from Colorado. It was a wonderful time. Steve and I divided our time between sightseeing, and spending time with his parents and two nieces. (most of the brothers and sisters had to go to Kansas for a funeral)....I got to know my flower girl a little bit which was nice. And Steve and I acted like parents with these two little sweet girls. I got to see what Steve was like with children, and even more specifically with girl children.:) He was a complete sweetheart with them. You know right, that Steve worked at a daycare during highschool.....hmmm....maybe i am not supposed to say that, but oh well. So he is awesome with babies.:)....We went to see the horses at Jefferson County Fair with the girls, and little Briley--the baby-- just held on to Steve for dear life, and started getting a little cold, and just snuggled with him...put her hands inside his....okay...i know...enough of the goo.
Steve and I went to several parks. The weather was beautiful. Cold and crisp, but clear. We walked for about an hour along Clearwater Creek, and about half way through we saw a red fox! It just sat there and didn't seem to be bothered by us. He was only a few feet away, and he was beautiful. We stood there and watched him for quite a while. Then we went to Idaho Springs--into the mountains a little bit. The creek by the mountains was flowing peacefully, and yet had patches of snow and ice along it. it was soothing, and enormous, and wonderful. It was on this road that we saw the big horn sheep. A whole family of them.:)
We also saw bison at Genesee and looked backed to see the mountain pass...the beautiful snow capped mountains.
Steve and I also did a lot of talking on the trip about marriage, and what our expectations were of each other. It was a really good time. Each of us started the conversation thinking that we didn't really have expectations of the other, but by the end (after several hours at several times) we realized that based on our past, and our family backgrounds that we DO expect certain things. Not that we have to have those things necessarily, but there are things in our mind that we expect the man to do, or the woman to do based on what our parents did, or other experiences--down to very small sorts of things--. We grew. And that is almost always a good thing.:)
Gosh....I really love Steve.
Winter is coming and the Goose is getting fat! Can't wait....the countdown has begun.:)
1 comment:
You can understand that some people might take that the wrong way, littledeutschgirl. Not that there's anything wrong with your comment, but it seems that some folk just get a kick out of misinterpreting - or perhaps they see their unique wholesale christmas ornaments role as stirring, just to jolt us out of our comfort zones!
Post a Comment