

We probably took some of our most beautiful pictures from this famous touristy castle. I say we.....my husband was our photographer on this trip. We weren't allowed to take pictures on the inside of the castle, but they have tons of them on their website. We saw all the things that are in their picture gallery here. This castle was what Walt Disney used to create his fairy tale castle, and therefore it is famous beyond even just what it is. Ludwig II, who built it, also has a fascinating history. I had heard his story since the first time I took German in the tenth grade, and it was interesting to see it in reality. Of course, it seems much more artificial when you have hundreds of people roaming about it to experience it as well. it destroys the air around it. Whenever you can experience things alone, or in silence you can imagine the ghosts of times past still there....but the ghosts dissipate with each added tourist, and soon it seems as if someone must have made up everything you are hearing, and there could never have been a real Ludwig II.
Oh well...the top pic steve took out of one of the castle windows. No wonder Ludwig wanted to build this castle in this very place.
1 comment:
What an incredible view!
I know what you're saying about "other" people "ruining" or "cheapening" the experience sometimes...
Post a Comment