Friday, February 29, 2008

hmmmm....

there was something really cool that I was going to tell you but I have forgotten what it is....anyway...can't think of it. I took the day off of work. I really needed it. I was beginning to dislike kids....and all their neediness, and whining....everytime they needed help I wanted to strangle them...so here I am at home for a long weekend. I haven't taken off any days this year for sickness or otherwise, and so I feel justified.

I have really been salivating over the university atmosphere lately. Longing for the interaction, and knowledge that exists therin. I think this is mostly because Steve is getting to partake of it, and I am remembering how exciting knowledge was to me. I am also looking at so many of my old college buddies who are now professors...PROFESSORS! Aren't we still just kids? I am thinking how can those kids be professors....but they are, and they are doing great at what they do. And also makes me think that that could have been me if I had taken a slightly different road...or rather just continued on the path I was on if I hadn't made a huge u-turn. I am not regretting that u-turn at all. I am so happy with where my life has been the last 5 years....but it makes me wonder if I might not jump back on that road, and pick up where I left off.

Can't right now of course. Not while my husband is taking that road for me for awhile. I am so proud of what he is doing, and who he is becoming. Not because he has to be that man for me, but because HE is excited about fufilling some goals he has always deep down wanted to fufill. I love that. and I adore him.

We will see what the future holds....it is bright, so bright that sometimes we can't quite see it for what it is....but there is hope, and a plan, and that is a great beginning.

No comments: