I can fully disclose this to you knowing that my husband never reads my blog...this weekend is his birthday...officially on sunday. We are trying not to spend much money right now because of some things we want for christmas (and bought this summer) and so I have promised him that i wouldn't spend too much on him for his birthday. he hates his birthday for starters. I think he has a little more fun with it now that I am in the picture, but....who knows? Anyway...i have tons of neat simple sorts of things planned for him.
First of all I gave him his presents last night. We had thought that one of his futurama DVD's was missing (due to robbery at my house last year), and so I bought him season 2 so that his set would be complete. However, we found out last night that he actually has all the DVD's and it wasn't stolen. Therefore, last night we began our process of watching every episode of futurama. An endeavor we started over a year ago until aforesaid robbery. Steve was adamant that I must see them in order so we had stopped until we could replace the DVD. I know he loves watching it, and especially with me since i have never seen any of futurama until he entered my life. So it turned out to be a lovely evening regardless (for him and his birthday week)
and now we can take futurama back, and he can shop himself for the additional something that he wants.
I also got him the Gnarls Barkley CD which he has been wanting, and we listened to that last night too.
Tonight we are going to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate his birthday, and I am baking for him right now his favorite cake. German Chocolate.:)
I am also doing all of his house chores for him so he doesn't have to do them this weekend. He usually gets mad if I try to do his chores....he wants to contribute..which i LOVE!!!!! But I think he won't mind this time.:)
Tomorrow he gets to sleep in for the first time in ages!!!! He works six days a week and goes to church on sundays....so yipee! probably the first time since our honeymoon.... then he is going to make us breakfast. I told him that I would make us breakfast, but he says my breakfasts are crap (the only thing he has EVER said bad about anything I make) so he will cook for ME!!!!:) I LOVE steve's birthday.:)
so then we have to deal with MY family on saturday night. They all want to give him birthday whatever....(mostly my grandma) so he will go to that (poor guy)
and by his actual birthday on sunday he will be so worn out and tired of people that we are just going to hang out and watch the denver broncos game....
and I am going to cook him grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch which he loves! and then country style ribs, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and the creme de la creme....a strawberry rhubarb pie. He LOVES rhubarb, and he has no idea that I am making it, so keep my secret for me. He is going to melt.:) I made him one over a year ago, and he talked about it for months!:)
yipee! I am having a blast. Even cleaning the toilet (yuck, blah #!!!#$%) is fun when I know it is making someone else's day!
yipee!
One of these days he is going to look back, and think how much fun all this is, and realize that he is even looking FOWARD to his birthday.....miracles still do happen folks!:)
My next post will be entitled....My husband, the marshwiggle. Are you curious?
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment