but it is terribly nice to be on vacation. To wake up late, hunker down in your cozy comforter, and have the whole day, and whole week at your disposal. This is the best kind of week. Yesterday I scrubbed the kitchen floor off and on for FIVE hours. It has to be one of the cleanest floors in this region. Well, until the hulk (aka broch) trampled across it with his dirty paws. But last weekend I had a jolly christmas with friends, and Monday night was with a bus load of friends (literally) and went to look at christmas lights. Last night, I watched a christmas story with a couple of friends, and got to talk to a friend that used to be really close to me, but I hadn't seen much in the last few years...and the week just keeps gettin' better and better. My sock on the fireplace has been secretly stuffed....(who could have done that?????....I don't know, but I think his picture is on my mantle).
What do I love about christmas?--
I love how you have to turn lights on in the morning because outside the sky is dark and gray. I love that outside is cold, and foggy, and inside is warm and cozy. I love that you get vacation, and can be sleepy all the time. I love hanging out with Lila and Broch in the morning, and they are like, "whassup?" I love cooking warm delicious desserts, and drinking ice cold champagne. I love feeling the hope, and joy --new expectations, and looking toward the future year. I love remembering the past and thinking about the good things in life. I love receiving all the christmas letters and hearing from old friends, and seeing how their lives have changed this year.
Last year i and my best friend made some predictions about things that would happen this year. Here are a few that are almost spooky.
Jeff/Maria will have moved, Jeff may have another job
Chad/Deanna will be expecting
Ashley/Lance will move,
Theresa will be in a serious relationship and will either be engaged
or about to get engaged
----well...i guess i am off to waste some more time....seeing as i am on vacation!
bah ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
later suckers!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment