I think the kids here are handling it fine. I think the intial shock was the hardest part. Of course, many of the younger kids didn't know him well at all (he was the senior sponsor) and they are the ones who have to stay here during lunch, and ride the buses and stuff like that. One of our principals was kind of shocked i think at the lack of emotion, or hardship most of the kids showed....but if you don't know him.....and....sometimes avoiding it is easier than facing it. It is so weird how quickly life becomes "normal" again after something like death occurs. The space left for most people almost disappears and is filled in and sucked up by others. There were people already coniving on monday to fill his spot.....
on a brighter note...it is two days until i have a two week vacation. So much to do....but I am excited. Maybe I will finally get out those christmas cards this weekend....and.... maybe not....
I have started getting vacation brochures in the mail. I can't wait till this summer. British Colombia, Washington State, Orgeon (gosh I never knew how beautiful Oregon was) and Northern California. yum. I can't wait. The best road trip of my life.....
No comments:
Post a Comment