Friday, July 23, 2010

OU--are you serious?????

So...I haven't told a whole lot of people, but I was accepted to the University of Oklahoma this last spring, and it is my plan to go this fall and begin work on a second Masters in the field of Library and Information Studies. I have heard that OU is notorious for all of its red tape and massive problems that have nothing to do with their classes, but everything to do with the adminstration, and operation of the university.

I now believe it. Seriously....trying to get admitted, and enrolled has taken nearly every ounce of patience that I have. I went to Indiana University, and had NONE of these problems. Seriously....after several other issues I have had, not to mention the confusion over the maiden name me of 10 years ago, and the married me of now (which I can let go as it might be something a little confusing)....now I am struggling on merging my identity with some dude named Brian Little. When I access my records, I am half me....Sweet T on the home page, but some other dude on all the other pages, and these are the pages I need! I am sorry, but I don't want to enroll in classes as a little freshman dude who is an engineering major....and they won't let this little dude enroll anyway in the graduate courses I want to take.

I am about to give it all up. Perhaps it is not meant to be. I can't get the IT department to understand the problem, and they seem to think it is something I am doing. I just want to take one tiny small diddly online class this fall, and I can't imagine what it would be like to get these folks to let me graduate in a couple of years. I have never liked OU. There has never been any sympathy in my heart for them, or their football team, and it is turning closely to downright hatred. I can't believe that I may have to work with them as they are the only ALA accredited school in the state, and if I ever want to be an academic librarian I have to take their classes. Ugh. Anger. Frustration. Maybe I will just turn to writing instead, and forget the dream of being a bun styling, glasses wearing, matronly lover of books......

3 comments:

jenn said...

oh no!! That sucks!

Whitney said...

i enjoyed the animosity in this post :) it's almost like they want to see how much crap you are willing to put up with before they enroll you. john has had issues with them too.

Anonymous said...


شركة تنظيف بالخرج


شركة نقل اثاث بالخرج


شركة تنظيف منازل بالخرج


شركة تنظيف فلل بالخرج