Saturday, October 20, 2007

kitty woes

so...we adopted meow-meow kluge about two years ago, and promised that we would never remove her claws. For the last two years I have put up with her clawing my couch, and covering our new dinning chairs, and suede bench that we got from the wedding and after the wedding. I have put up with her NOT using the scratching post we bought her, and clipping her nails, and glueing little caps on her nails. Then she stopped letting me glue the caps (after about one time) and one of the caps didn't fall off like it was supposed to, and was digging into her paw. So that one finally fell off. Then she stopped letting me clip them. One of her real claws started digging into her paw, and so I was like "THIS IS IT!" After two years of trying to keep my promise, I finally gave in and took her to the vet this week. I also have suspicions that she might have a urinary tract infection....so she went through the whole gammut of tests, proddings, and surgeries. She had her claws removed (I still feel bad about that, but i really think she is going to be happier than holding her paw up while she walks because the claws are too long.) she had a blood test, a urine test, a bunch of shots, and now she is on antibiotics. It was a heck of a lot of money that we don't really have, but I guess it is for reasons like this that we keep savings. I feel so bad for her. She just sat on my lap last night and this morning, and seems to be happy that she is back at home.

Of course I am not happy for me. The woman who has to try to get a dropper of medicine down her throat twice a day. Oh well. Anything to make her feel better.

Steve's birthday is Monday so you can really annoy him by telling him happy birthday a million times. He says he would be annoyed, but secretly he likes it when people think of him....so give a thought to my dear husband this weekend.

love and kisses,
sweet t

No comments: