Friday, December 14, 2007

here i am!

What can I say? The best laid plans, and all that nonsense. I had plans to be a regular blogger. One of those types who so eloquently explains those snippets of everyday life and gives them new perspective despite its mundane expectations. But I guess that isn't me. I haven't been able to have any discipline at writing to you lately. I don't know exactly why. Partly busy. Partly because we have sucky att for internet right now, and our modems keep getting zapped. Once again we don't have internet. I only have it right now because I am on wireless at Panera. And I only have time to do this because my school has been canceled this entire week.

Luckily, we have had power this entire week. Steve and I have been warm and cozy, and actually had quite a nice week. But last night our heater was making the most horrific noises...so depending on what happens it could be a very cold weekend.

We thought that Steve would have today off too, and we would have another delightful day....another manager called earlier this week and asked for his hours because the power had been off and he hadn't been able to work. Steve gladly gave the hours to him,and was going to have Friday off.......until yesterday afternoon, right before his last final when his boss called and said that they had taken an order for 2000 sandwiches for lunch today.....2000!!!!!!! What? He needed steve to come in and help. So not only does he have to work today, but it will be the day from hell. His boss says he doesn't know how they are going to do it, and they probably don't even have enough product to make the sandwiches.......but they expect to perform miracles. All men on board, and all that jazz.

I go out to my car this morning, and am going to drive my own car for the first time since Monday. I am out of gas, and must get to the gas station pronto, and to my dismay, I can't get the gas cap off. Yes. It is frozen shut. After about 30 minutes, and a lot of hot water, and ripping my hands to shreds I finally get it open.

So all in all....today has seen the demise of my husband, the demise of our heater and the demise of my hands. Oh well...tis the season!
hope you have a jolly day. I am running out of battery and must go before all is lost.
see ya...
the superfrau!

No comments: