Saturday, May 19, 2007

I forgot

I have forgotten how much I love to think. to dream. to observe. And I had forgotten how much I love school and learning.

First of all, the beautiful weather of the preceding week has led me to my porch more than once. It has seduced me there in the evenings...and wooed me in the morning moments as I drink my coffee, and put off going to work. Listening to the birds, and little bubba down the street barking at the dog which had evaded the fence of his home. Listening to nickel creek in the background.

What does the porch represent to me? Peace. Silence. Breathing in the world, and letting it and God reenergize me. There is no activity. No TV. No sounds other than nature. No "to do list"......it is a place where the world stops-just for me, and reminds me of itself.

also....my husband is going back to school very soon. He is going to major in English Education. I am so jealous. I want to read, and learn, and discuss. I am thinking of making my kids in German III and IV have a reading list. Books they must read (translated into English of course) before they enter my advanced classes. I am doing this so that I, myself can be a part of learning. Motivate and discipline myself for their sake. Maybe through this I can expand my knowledge of world literature, and bring back some of that "learning and stimulation" in my life.

Maybe I should just start a doctorate...or another masters....ahhhhhhh...to read, and learn, and discover.....I am just itching with desire.

I also want to be the violinst that I once was. I want to practice, and love the sound which emits from the wood...

I love my life...and the possibilities it holds. I am almost out of school and I will be writing much more very soon.

Hold on dear folks for sweet t is back!

No comments: