Sunday, May 20, 2007

car wreck

Got in a bad car wreck last night. We were driving home from a friends house last night, and going full out at least 60 miles an hour. The guy beside us was driving faster. Somehow I guess his steering wheel quit working, and he slammed into us at full speed. the back left end of our car was completely smashed, but we aren't hurt. The guy said he saw us lift up and go forward, and he was so scared that he hurt us.

Looks like one way or another we will be getting a new car. Either through his insurance, or we have to bite the bullet...because it is so bad that I doubt anyone will call it anything but totaled.

If we don't we will end up being one of those white trash cars that you see driving down the road...all smashed up with no bumper. Which may be a real possibility seeing as our income is about to decrease drastically. We can probably handle it, but it will wipe our our savings.

oh well. we held hands as we fell asleep last night. We were just so thankful that we weren't hurt. Being hit like that with both of us going full speed .....we could have just as easily been killed.

have a nice day, and be thankful for the gift of life.

-t

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm glad neither one of you were hurt.

I hate to be reminded that no matter how carefully I drive, I'm still only 50% safe at the most.

You should get a Honda. I love mine...

Anonymous said...

Geez louise! I just read this (and your email that you sent me a week ago)

Do you guys have to go to physical therapy or anything?

I am glad you guys are ok.