So I am scared, and terrified.....it will never happen to me, right? I heard yesterday that another two friends of mine are getting divorced. It seems to happen again and again. Those friends who seemed to be perfect together, and made for each other are once again splitting up. It makes me sad. And once again I wonder if love ever really does last. I know it can. I see it in my parents, and a few others.....but more often than not....whatever was once there was gone. Whether they stay together and just put up with each other or get divorced. It is a scary prospect.
I love Steve, and we really do get along very well. We are doing amazingly great. I love being with him, and I feel like we are like a couple of chubby little bears who are blessed beyond imagination....just running around, and having the time of our lives. Everything is laid out and open before us. We must just step forward and choose our destiny. We are not tied to anything except our love for each other, and we are both not afraid to live a life of adventure....it's like a dream.....(most of the time)
....but I have no doubt that we are similar to many couples when they first are married. What happens? How can I guarantee that it won't happen to us? I really doubt we will ever get divorced. We are both dead set against that....but how to we keep life so sweet? and not only sweet, but dearer as the years go by?
My mind knows the answer to this. It is what we already do. We spend our lives together. Day by day choosing to want to be with the other. Choosing to give everything we are to make the other happy. Choosing to give even when we feel like we are the only one who is giving, and knowing that our "feelings" don't always represent reality. And being able to talk and be open with each other. And most of all keeping God as our focus. Trying to reflect the very nature and definition of God who is love, to each other.
I know all of this. And yet I wonder how easily things must or can go wrong....
Whether by luck, or more likely the grace of God, I have a man who supports me...who shows me love in a way I understand. A man who values my thoughts, and who is wise. Thank God.
I must go now. Just to say my beautiful man sent me a dozen red roses today at school. Total suprise, and I love him not for the things he gives me, but because he constantly wants me to know how much he values me.
So I am sad for others, but must trust and believe that we can be different, and that we will be.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment