Haul out the holly
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again
Fill up the stocking
I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now
For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute....
The first sunday of Advent. I am so ready for the incredible anticipation and arrival of a savior. I am awaiting his healing of my heart, and in my life today. My redemption draws nigh.
For I've grown a little leaner (not really....actually i have gained tons of weight)
Grown a little colder
Grown a little sadder
Grown a little older
And I need a little angel
Sitting on my shoulder
Need a little Christmas now.
I await.....I expect, and await for the regeneration of my spirit. Return to me my joy! Help me to see the beauty that used to so often fall from my eyes into my heart. Let the sorrows of this year be but a step to something more beautiful. As my dad would say, bring back the TAB! Let me feel like "The Adventure is Back." The adventure of this beautiful life you have given me.
I was driving home the other day, and thought on the chrismtas' I participated in as a child. My mom, who could often be depressed, thought that it was too much work to put up chrismtas decorations, and seemed pointless...and I...who was always optimistic and full of joy, and thought that christmas was the best time of the year would say to her...."but mom! this year is going to be the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!" every year I would say that, and believed it. I would talk her into putting everything up....actually doing most of it myself....
who knew that one day that former me would give me hope? I think back to that shiny-eyed child now, and wonder, and perhaps believe... could this christmas could be the best chrismtas ever?
Yes, our redemption draws nigh. One day Christ will appear, and we shall be like him for we will see him as he is. The anticipation of Advent is building in my heart, building, and shaping me into that woman who is a pioneer of sturdy spirit, and wise heart. I pray that one day I may be this woman and proudly stand next to those beautiful women who have gone before me.
Take my crumpled spirit, and create something beautiful......something that brings glory to you.
.......please.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment