So I have been a little depressed these last few weeks. I know exactly why, and won't bore you right now with the details. I know I will come out of this, but I just wish that it could be over now. It's not like I am sitting at home in my bathrobe on the couch vegging out, and never leaving the house. It is just this small sensation nagging in the back of my heart reminding me that I am sad. I cry at the drop of a hat...not bawling....just feeling my eyes tear up, and stopping it before anyone notices. And I am eating EVERYTHING in sight. I am trying to let myself not feel too guilty about feeding my feelings, but if I am not careful all of my work of losing 25 pounds last year will be for naught.
I saw a yellow daffodil last week amidst a sea of dead branches, and leaves and trash, and feel this is like my heart. I am not gone yet, and I will make a comeback. That small glimmer of hope still resides, and perhaps this spring I will feel it come into full bloom.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
To me everything is cyclic. The seasons, school, down times, and good times. I just remember when I am down that means things will eventually get better. The sun rises after darkness.
Post a Comment