I have the best husband ever. The last few weeks we have been acquiring some furniture and things for our house. Bookcases, bed and mattress set. My man works 50 hours a week, and then has been coming home at night, and assembling all the crazy things that I happen to buy that week. Or going and picking up ninety-five pound boxes of bookcases at the store I bought them at and bringing them home and assembling....he is amazing.
Well, this morning I woke up to the sounds of him getting up to go to work(he works six days a week) and I streched and felt so comfy in our new luxurious bed. The biggest, and most expensive mattress that I have ever had with the most expensive beautiful soft sheets I have ever slept upon. Life doesn't get much better than that....THEN.....I hear the soft mellow sounds of Jack Johnson trickling through the house (Steve knows I love Jack) and smell the glorious scent of Starbucks coffee. What a way to wake up. mmmmmm.....I love how each of us gets to try to make the others life more beautiful and wonderful. We each have the priviledge each day to figure out how we can give a little bit of heaven here on earth to the other. It's lovely-- whether giving, or recieving.
I know. Most of you are saying....enjoy this honeymoon period, T. Well, I say why can't life be a honeymoon? Steve and I are reading a really good book right now about husbands and wives. The basic premise is based off of Ephesians 5:....uh.....something. You know...that verse that says husbands love your wives, and wives respect your husband. This guy claims that these are the basic needs of our lives. A man needs to know that he is respected, and a woman needs to know that she is loved. Anyway, it is an interesting concept, and Steve says the things it says about men, are pretty true. For example, most men want to protect their wives...well, just as a man would die for his country, and see that as a responsibility he has been given...he would also die for his wife. If a robber breaks in, it is most likely the husband who feels that he has to do something first. Anyway, I had never really thought about the fact that Steve would be willing to die for me. And it is true. I know that he would protect me. It makes me so grateful, and makes me realize how much he loves me. Anyway, I could go on and on with examples....but it is interesting stuff to ponder.
Well...I have started rambling, and I really just wanted to tell you about my beautiful morning. Hope you have a slice of heaven appear in your life today. Remember to look for it. Sometimes heaven is hanging just above our head, and we never look up and realize the joy we can grab a hold of.
Love to you all,
Sweet T
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Any morning that smells like Starbucks is heaven. You don't have to look too hard.
P.S. The honeymoon ends when you have kids. Period.
Post a Comment