I have loved Jack Vettriano's paintings ever since the first time I saw them. He is a contemprary artist, but his paintings are reminiscent of vintage 30's and 40's. There is one paticular painting that I adore. It is called the singing butler. I have loved it for years. I even put it (a print of course) on my registry for my wedding, knowing it was a little pricey for a present-- thought...who knows? But of course I didn't get it. I am not complaining at all because as we wished, many people gave us money and gift cards, and really with the age that Steve and I are now--we have been on our own a while and have so much--so gift cards, etc were the perfect thing. However, I still long for this painting. I could buy it. I can afford it...buy it even with the gift cards...BUT.....We happened to see the print on canvas while Steve and I were in Canada. Next thing I know I got a truly wonderful and meaningful gift from my dear husband for my birthday. He was so excited to give it to me because he new how much I wanted it. Look at this wonderful little piece that will soon be gracing the very walls of my house. This is just the tip of the iceberg of our wonderful two weeks away, and all the wonderful glorious things I have to say about my new husband. Hold on to your boots--because Sweet T has a story to tell. Check out the Link below.:)
Singing Butler
Friday, June 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment