Wednesday, May 27, 2009

summer vacation

Summer is here. These last few days have been really nice. Such beautiful weather, and an opportunity to just chill and spend time with my husband.

It looks like we are going to take several wonderful weekend trips this summer. Much more than I am normally used to. It will be a much needed rest from the stress of this year. I definitely have the seven year itch. It seems that I am quite bored, and tired of what I do. I am hoping that it is just the end of the year blahs, and by next fall I will be ready again to be the teacher I need to be. Next year the ninth grade will be at the high school for the first time, and I have enough students who want to take German, that I will have a whole class of just ninth graders. Man oh man. This will definitely be a new experience. High amounts of energy and High amounts of structure. I usually can pull off the energy......pray, and pray again for the structure. I hope the class is in the fall instead of the spring, because I am always more on my game in the fall.

I have finished two books and started my third this week. One of the best things about summer is coffee shops, porches, and loads of reading. I read the boy in striped pajamas. Very good...pretty much just like the movie. Which was really good in my opinion. Then I have read and am reading two books by Kerstin Gier. They are romantic comedies ala bridget jones and are written in German. Trying to keep up my fluency in German, and a book like this I can read pretty much like I would read it in English. This one below is the one I have finished.

2 comments:

jenn said...

do they have these books in english too??

kluge girl said...

nope. That is one of the things I like about them. They are authentic. Too often I am just reading books written by Americans and translated into German. I don't think these are popular enough to have been translated. They are cute though.