Amazingly enough I was totally into the Euro Cup games this summer. I have never really been that much of a soccer fan. I like to play, but rarely watch....but this summer...largely due to my fanatic husband (by fanatic I mean becomes fanatic whenever he decides he cares about something) I watched game after game after game. Of course, you can suppose that I was all about the German team. Names like Lehman, Lahm, Klose,Ballack, Poldolski, and Schweinsteiger were practically household words to us these last couple of weeks. And believe me! It was about as stressful as watching a Denver Broncos game with Jake Plummer as Quarterback. Man...I love you Germans....really I do....I would take you any day over a lame guy like Beckham, but can I get some consistency? Moments of brilliance, and hours of biting nails wondering if they are really going to pull this one out for us. Honestly, after the Croatia game I was really surprised they made it to the final game, but that didn't keep me from wanting them to pull out their German pizazz if only even for a moment against the Spaniards. They did it against Portugal, they did it against Turkey.....but understanding that...Spain did play the better game and deserved to win.
Oh well....I will be looking on the horizon for you again my friends. I will be watching and cheering you on to National victory.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment